New Member :D

For introductions and personal topics.
morinr

New Member :D

Post by morinr » February 22nd, 2015, 8:53 pm

Hello all,

I have been thinking of making a Mame bar-top cab with dual guns for multi player shooting games. I am interested in some of the classic arcade games, but more interested in the rail shooters my self. My gf of course likes the older classics Pac man, etc. I am hoping to have emulators for other things ie Nintendo 64 and older systems because my old n64 died a few months ago. No way to get my Mario fix like it should be.

I haven't seen many build guides with light guns/arcade guns. I am not sure what the current offerings are. I am hoping to stay in the lower end of a budget seen some going for a few hundred for 1 gun. I have read around and found the EMS Top gun 3. Might use that for my shooting games, I don't need many features but want one that can be used for a variety of rail shooters, will need a button or two for options.

Any hints/tips for any gun cabinets that have been built? I am not too tech savvy in regards to coding so a simple front end/UI is what I am going to be using. Not 100% sure on what I am going to install. Going to run it off a old work laptop that can handle any games I really want to play.

Thanks,

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: New Member :D

Post by Incito » February 23rd, 2015, 11:57 pm

I know some members here had success with aimtek. It is good for lcd screens if you have that. It's USB and MAME should recognize it.
Btw welcome to ma. :hello:

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Re: New Member :D

Post by PantherUK » February 24th, 2015, 1:40 am

Welcome to the forums, someone should be able to point you in the right direction...
Ooer... No pictures...