My PC is Fixed / Broken

For introductions and personal topics.
PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Re: My PC is Fixed

Post by PantherUK » October 10th, 2013, 11:59 am

That's a sound idea, and one I may take up... I use Acronis true Image and keep a back up of a "fully working no problems install" on one of my bigger drives, any problems delete and er... relete... :wink:
Ooer... No pictures...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » October 11th, 2013, 4:02 pm

I meant to make a backup image of mine after the shop repair, but I was concerned with the welfare of the site and forgot about the welfare of my machine. :ouch:

I won't forget this time.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » November 14th, 2013, 5:38 am

We've finally made some major progress on fixing my beast. Unfortunately, everything on the D:drive was lost in the process, but oh well, at least it's working fine again now. Although I had a lotta stuff backed up on expansion drive, there's plenty of work left to do reinstalling various programs that were on the D:drive.

PantherUK

Post by PantherUK » November 14th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Hooray..! Nothing worse than a busted main system...
Ooer... No pictures...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » February 21st, 2014, 10:22 pm

Sorry, chaps, but I'm in a spot of bother (again). :sad:

I was getting some drops in my internet connection earlier this week. I was all set to put up a new hi score on Wednesday for my Raiden Fighters challenge in Thulsa's thread, but by then I found that my phone line was completely dead; no phone, no internet. (It's Saturday now and I just had a chance to post this from work.)

Apart from all the other inconveniences this causes, I'm afraid I'll have to put my challenge on hold for now. That really is a shame because I thought it was going rather well for the two short days that I was able to host it properly.

I have no idea how long I'm gonna be out of action for. The last time I had a phone company tech out at my place, he said that, although he was able to restore my service, there was still some problem in the part of the line that is not their responsibility. I live in an apartment block, so, if that's the case, I guess I'll have to go through the strata management to get this fixed.

PantherUK

Post by PantherUK » February 22nd, 2014, 9:49 am

Dude, as long as you can get on somewhere to post a score, keep on playing, we don't have to have a screenie to prove it mate...
Ooer... No pictures...

BackForwardPunch
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by BackForwardPunch » February 22nd, 2014, 10:29 am

Panther's right, you can always edit the post later with the shot from work or just when you get internet. It's annoying, I know... I was just out of internet for a week and a half before...

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » February 22nd, 2014, 8:22 pm

Best of luck getting everything sorted quickly mate. It sucks not having a date for when everything will be back to normal, I know that feeling...

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » February 23rd, 2014, 4:07 am

Oh no, not again... It looks like fate has it with your virtual activies... :sick:

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » February 23rd, 2014, 7:36 am

Hiero if you have a smart phone just take picture of the score and email it to one of us. I am sure one of us can post it for you if you are having problems. If not you could always drag your whole PC to an internet cafe and play there. I am sure they won't mind. lol
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~