For introductions and personal topics.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

My PC is Fixed / Broken

Post by Hierophant » August 15th, 2013, 1:26 am

Woohoo! :woot:

Alright dudes, I've got my PC back from service and repairs now. One of the RAM sticks broke and Windows got corrupted as a result. I had to wait a few weeks for them to get the proper replacement RAM. Sorry if my absence caused any inconvenience around the place. Needless to say, my inboxes are flooded and it will take some time for me to catch up with everything that's been going on.

If one good thing came from all that, it's that my Nintendo Wii U got the best workout it's ever had since the day I bought it! I played a fair bit of New Super Mario Bros. U in pin sharp HD, then I remembered another legend game I'd been saving for a rainy day, Xenoblade Chronicles. That one's for the Wii, but it's all good since Wii U has Wii mode. I still have a Wii, but I guess I'll hang onto it for it's GameCube mode (even though I still have a GameCube, haha). I have the Game Boy Player for my GameCube so I wouldn't part with that either. What a wonderful string of backwards compatibility that adds up to be!

So, to anyone who wondered how I got by while my PC was out, that's what Nintendos are for! :mario:

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Re: My PC is Fixed

Post by PantherUK » August 15th, 2013, 8:03 am

Welcome back mate..!
Ooer... No pictures...

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » August 16th, 2013, 4:38 am

Good to hear that bro, it was strange to see you disaper for a while without a life sign...

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » August 16th, 2013, 7:02 am

All I can say is :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » August 17th, 2013, 10:06 pm

I missed this thread! I'm glad to know your PC is finally fixed man, but it seems you had lots of fun anyway! I don't own a nintendo console since the NES... But I love them! Now what I would like to play most is the Super Smash Bros that's coming soon for the Wii U, Megaman is going to be in it!!! And all the exclusivities are awesome... :samus: Anyway, It's really nice to have you back man... :smile:
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 18th, 2013, 1:01 am

Thanks guys! :hello:

I've still got a bit of a backlog of stuff to catch up with. Since I got my PC back I haven't yet had a chance to take a proper look around the forums and see what else I've missed.

Max, even though you didn't have any Nintendo consoles since the NES, I hope you've at least been getting a good Nintendo fix from things like NES, SNES, and N64 emulators. Even though I have all the major Nintendo home consoles, it's awesome to also have the option of keeping a good selection of Nintendo emulators on hand. While my collection of physical cartridges and discs is wonderful to behold, it could never stand up to the sheer volume of Nintendo games in my roms folders. There are probably more games just in my SNES roms folder than I could sensibly play in a lifetime!

:link:

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » August 18th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Off course I did! I cannot emulate gamecube, but I played tons of SNES and N64 games on my PC . Also I played lots of gamecube and wii games in my friend's wii (retrocompatibilitiy rules!) RE remake, MG twin snakes, RE zero, metroid trilogy, Super Smash Bros, but then there's games I madly want to play but I currently can't like Pikmin 1 & 2, all the zelda titles... Someday I'll change this PC! But for the time being I keep discovering epic titles on the SNES recently I played HAGANE... GREAT GAME

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 19th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Awwh yeah, Hagane is a really cool action game. Probably the closest thing to Shinobi on the SNES. For another beautiful ninja game (albeit android ninjas) check out the SNES version of Ninja Warriors. The graphics and gameplay in that one are superb!

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » August 21st, 2013, 2:43 pm

Thanks for the recommendation Hiero, this game is really cool! I love beat'em ups, I'm already at stage 3! Awesome graphics by the way... Man, SNES was way better than Sega Genesis...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 3rd, 2013, 3:25 am

Sorry guys, my PC is experiencing some technical difficulties again. I can't get to the Windows desktop. Apparently a device has somehow become inaccessible. I had an old Linux boot disc lying around, though, which is what I'm using to type this message. My bro is coming over on the weekend to investigate. From what we've gone through over the phone, so far, he has a feeling that my C drive plug might be loose from the professional repairs that were done previously...

:unsure: