The NewNet Live Stream

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: The Atarix...

Post by Nostalgia » October 17th, 2010, 1:48 am

You might wanna check out the stream in 8 hours and 10 minutes Cooldj (http://www.mameaddicts.com/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=3&t=692).

A big chunk of the weekly stream is us playing online MAME together. There's a guide here (http://www.mameaddicts.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &hilit=p2p) for setting up mame online. P2P is far better than regular server by the way (especially over these extremely long distances) and is the only method we use on the stream.

Obviously we don't test out stuff like that while the stream is live (viewers might fall asleep) but if you can get a connection going and know it works first then you will ready to play live sometimes on the stream. I can't host p2p on my end so you will need to test it with Hierophant or someone else who can host. Atarix always hosts on the stream though.

Check tonight's stream out anyway to see how it all works. We use TeamSpeak (check this link out http://www.thenewnet.eu/en/index.php?op ... Itemid=237) for voice.

That reminds me Atarix... Italy vs Australia, I think we might still have a bill open :V:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: The NewNet Live Stream

Post by Nostalgia » October 17th, 2010, 4:22 am

Will be cool to see you at the stream Chris :hello:

Alright Hiero I know you already have my Double Dragon vid, I downloaded your Star Wars vid mate. What a game! Watched just a little bit of the video as I want to save the most part for the stream tonight.

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: The NewNet Live Stream

Post by Atarix777 » October 17th, 2010, 5:16 am

Awesome, I look forward to meet you all at TS tonight :thumbsup:

PS: Hierophant, when you have some time you should make a nice banner for the newnet website - I had also another nice Idea that I would like to talk with you about reguarding the banners on the left side :smile:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » October 17th, 2010, 5:27 am

Nostalgia wrote:That reminds me Atarix... Italy vs Australia, I think we might still have a bill open :V:
Yeah, right now Australia and Tazmania lost their "Titels", but tonight on "Brakers revenge" you can get them back (if you are hard enough :SM: )...

PS: The NewNet does have a lot of resources (and soon we will come up with another Rootserver), if Chris agrees and like the Idea then I could open a part of the TS Server to the MA guys to meet and talk to each other.

Gaming together is great, but talking to each other stupid things while you do that is even better :thumbsup:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » October 17th, 2010, 8:21 am

Yeah that would be awesome. You can PM me or Hierophant the details of we can chat about it on NewNet channel.

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » October 20th, 2010, 4:16 am

I am with Hierophant on TS near to 3-4 times a week; If you have time during the next sunday we could meet 1 hour before of the stream and talk about the Idea together :-)

Cooldj9239
Mame Addict Extreme
Mame Addict Extreme
Favorite Game: Galaga

Post by Cooldj9239 » October 20th, 2010, 7:41 pm

ill be there to just let me know
Image The Better Chun Li Tod vor Unehre Image Frogger NNNoooooo!!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » October 21st, 2010, 12:31 am

So, Atarix, do you mean make an MA chat room within the existing NewNet TS rooms or setup something completely separate from the NN area specially for MA? Sounds cool either way.

:bow:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Atarix777 » October 21st, 2010, 2:33 am

I think to setup a channel in the gaming section on the NewNet TS for mame games and give to you admins the access password - in that way we all have a higher possibility to meet other gamers and you can invite your friends and ppl. where you belive that they are nice enough ^^...

I have no Idea how much people would be interested on that, but if we are 5 here and 5 on the newnet side then it would be useless to setup 2 separated 100 slot servers I guess :no:

However, let's talk about that on sunday, if you have other moderators that want to join the meeting, then just go ahead :yes:

PS: I was setting your banner to the NewNet mainsite yesterday - i think it looks gerat :thumbsup:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » October 21st, 2010, 4:40 am

Thanks mate, I'm happy with how it turned too. It took me a surprising amount of work to make the MA banner (apart from the MA ball, which Chris designed) and get it looking right. It was well worth the effort though to see it there on the NewNet now.

:woot: