The NewNet Live Stream

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

The NewNet Live Stream

Post by Hierophant » September 4th, 2010, 11:07 am

The NewNet live stream is an intermittent gaming broadcast, run by my good friend, Atarix777 - http://www.youtube.com/user/Atarix777

We are very casual, but when we have something planned it will usually be held on a weekend at - http://www.twitch.tv/newnethq

Get more details here - http://www.thenewnet.eu/en/index.php?op ... Itemid=306

Feel like coming to our TeamSpeak and joining in the MAME fun from time to time? Try and keep your Kaillera Mame32 Plus Plus v0.119 (10.9Mb) up to date with the games on the Newnet Approved Arcade Games List.

To get an idea of the sort of stuff we get up to, here's a vid that Atarix gifted me of my live stream coverage of The History of Metroid:

Cheers,
Hiero (aka Neckshredder1) :hello:

2018 UPDATE:

After a long hiatus, Atarix now streams with us on the RetroAddicts channel - https://www.twitch.tv/retroaddicts/

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: The NewNet Live Stream

Post by Nostalgia » September 4th, 2010, 11:36 am

The stream is a lot of fun, especially playing on it, come check it out if you're ever bored on the weekend.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » September 4th, 2010, 3:00 pm

For anyone that is interested in video games past or present the Newnet stream is a great place to spend a few hours. Always something interesting on to play, watch, or just learn something new about a game you did not know before.

I give it :thumbsup:
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » September 5th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Well I missed the stream last night as I had an appointment this morning and didn't want to go in there looking like hell. I even learnt a 10-hit combo with Paul for Tekken 3 but I may be able to show it off next week after Atarix and Jeliahz have their rematch.

A great thing about justintv though is the footage of the stream stays on their website for a few days after the stream, so I've been watching that since I got back home from my appointment.

http://www.justin.tv/newnethq/videos

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 6th, 2010, 8:09 am

D'oh! I was having a nice dream about Metroid for the first half an hour of that stream. I caught up with the Tekken 3 action today.

To celebrate the release of Metroid Other M I'll be doing a special "History of Metroid" for the next stream.

Tune in!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 21st, 2010, 9:40 pm

Here's the programme for Sunday 26th September 2010. It's a beauty! We're starting one hour earlier this week and it seems like Atarix plans to keep doing it that way for future streams.

1.) 'Turrican 2'
2.) 'Kizuna Encounter'
3.) 'California Games'
4.) 'Tekken 3'
5.) 'Streets of Rage 3'
6.) 'Super Street Fighter 4'
7.) 'Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain'
8.) 'Darkstalkers'
9.) Discussion: 'video game magazines'

I'll be doing videos for Streets of Rage 3, Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain and contributing a short vid for the discussion.

Come and join us maniacs for live stream action! :woot:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » September 22nd, 2010, 5:35 am

Yeah mate i'm looking forward to presenting California Games, will be a great stream.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 8th, 2010, 7:53 pm

In last weeks Retro Corner Nos did Altered Beast, and I did Rastan.

The LIVE STREAM program for Sunday (10th October 2010) will be as follows:

1.) 'Alex Kidd in Miracle World'
2.) '19XX: The War against Destiny'
3.) 'Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven Stars'
4.) 'Rage of the Dragons'
5.) 'Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice'
6.) 'Heavenly Sword'
7.) Game of the week: 'Enslaved'
8.) Discussion: "Video game artwork"

That "start one hour early" thing ended up being a one off. Start times are back to normal.

In the above programme, Nos is doing Alex Kidd then I've got 19XX and Super Mario RPG for the Retro Corner. I also called Rage of the Dragons for MAME and the VG artwork discussion.

Atarix takes all suggestions and ideas into consideration on the Newnet live stream forum. It's pretty cool for those with anything to contribute as there's a good chance it will show up on the stream sooner or later. Then it will likely show up on YouTube at the NewNetHQ channel or as a gift to your own channel if it was your own game presentation.

Speaking of the NewNetHQ channel, that was a joint project mainly setup between Atarix and myself. ArcadeMameMachine also created the cool vid intro from my logo design, seen at the beginning of each vid on there.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » October 8th, 2010, 9:28 pm

HOLY CRAP! I LiKE this idea man. Sundays, I am going to check it out for sure. I will subscribe to the channel too. My youtube name is incito, if you didn't know by now :tongue:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 8th, 2010, 11:10 pm

That would be really cool if you payed our little stream a visit, Chris. :hello:

I should mention that our chat room is set to registered Justin.tv users only. If you can't be bothered typing in the chat room then there's always our TeamSpeak server where you can talk live with us maniacs.

TeamSpeak setup instructions are here: http://www.thenewnet.eu/en/index.php?op ... Itemid=237