MAME ADDICTS T-SHIRTS DESIGN CONTEST!

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.

Would you wear MA t-shirt?

YES
67%
NO
7%
MAYBE
27%

Total votes: 15

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: MAME ADDICTS T-SHIRTS DESIGN CONTEST!

Post by Incito » December 20th, 2009, 11:54 am

Well, since it is just 6 that voted I may screen print these myself or use vista print.
Hiero, can you scan your arcade picture and email it to me? I can do the rest. BTW your shirt is on da house :yes:

Now, I now we all would like to pay as little as possible for a shirt, but make just six can make the cost of just printing to $20 If I use a company to do it. I would like to make some money for the site and increase storage for more downloads.

So, I am hoping on making around $50 profit. The ads have already made that, but I don't see another check till it reaches $100 and the first (and only) check when to pay for a years worth of hosting.

What is the most you are will to pay for a shirt, so I have a budget to work on?

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 21st, 2009, 6:48 am

Two dorra!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » December 22nd, 2009, 2:41 am

You'll never afford it, Nos. :tongue:

Chris, I don't own a scanner. Maybe I know someone who does. I'd have to ask around. I probably should get myself one for Christmas or something though. It would be a handy thing to have for my art stuff.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » December 26th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Hierophant wrote:You'll never afford it, Nos. :tongue:
Apparently somebody forgot my existence here. NOS, no matter how much money you need, make a phone call. I will send you the amount you want.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 26th, 2009, 3:55 pm

HAHA thanks elias but I have enough money of my own LOL Hiero was just joking around.

But seriously, two dollars Chris?

:hehe:

I think a fair price would be about $20 AUD.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » December 26th, 2009, 4:07 pm

AUD= AUstralian Dollars ?? Well 2 dollars are pretty low, I mean at my school we order some simple T-Shirts with patterns and they cost over 15 euros !!

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 26th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Yes, AUD = Australian Dollars.

I was joking when I said two dollars... LOL.

I think 20 dollars AUD is fair for a t-shirt with just the MameAddicts logo on the front and maybe the website URL on the back.

(Am I the only one who wants a simple t-shirt like that?)

30 max because I understand that Chris needs to cover his costs and isn't exactly going to be pumping out millions of these t-shirts and making much of/any kind of profit :tongue:

I'd love to wear one while beating Hiero up in street fighter :hooray:

Elias, I own this t-shirt and it cost me like 30 AUD:

Looks 1000 times better in person and has stuff on the back of it as well. You should see how much the colours stand out. It's a band t-shirt if you're wondering.

In Australia, paying 15 euros for a "simple" t-shirt is called getting ripped off LOL :hehe:

Edit - Hmm I just read your last post in this thread again Chris and $30 AUD probably isn't really enough for what you're wanting to do...

Can I ask you something... Why would you need more storage space? People can just get the roms etc from romnation/romworld/a million other rom hosting sites so I don't know why you would want to trouble yourself with anything like that, dude :confused:

Also, it attracts more unwanted attention to mameaddicts (ESA copyright, etc).

Obviously mameaddicts belongs to you, i'm not trying to tell you how to run it, but I just think if you're wanting to host roms and stuff then you're heading down an unnecessary and risky path. SO many other sites do that stuff already but how many of them have the knowledgeable and friendly forum and chat system that mameaddicts does?

I know nothing about what it takes to run a website like this, so feel free to shut me down! Perhaps you just want money to help with basic costs of keeping the website, and that is totally understandable.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » December 28th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Can I ask you something... Why would you need more storage space? People can just get the r0m$ etc from romnation/romworld/a million other r0m hosting sites so I don't know why you would want to trouble yourself with anything like that, dude :confused:
I absolutely do not want to offer rom downloads, but i would like to have space for the other downloads, many of which are on ensips and waula. Yes it cuts on bandwidth, but not by a great degree. One can never have enough disk space right?

As for the shirt attracting attention, that is ok I think? But, I like to think that my members have a say so please let you voice be heard before I spend the green.

There are just 7 people that have posted in the poll that they want one, so it not like 2000?

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 29th, 2009, 12:03 am

Yeah, it's all good mate :hello:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » January 6th, 2010, 6:04 am

Speaking of storage I think there should be an enlargement to the number of the PMs. I mean they should be 35 or even 40. Cos whenever I get a message that I wanna keep and it is an old one, I don't wanna lose it when I get more new messages. I mean 25 is a small number, I think 35 or 40 would be great.