Board index General Recommended Games Discussion

Recommended Games Discussion

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Post November 28th, 2016, 4:47 pm
eliaskeme Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Hierophant wrote:
I really enjoyed reading your recommendation for Mace: The Dark Age. It's good that you managed to add a few laughs to such a grim game where the opponents are out to brutally murder each other. Well done and thanks, mate.

:viking:

To be honest I didn't know that the game had so much gore. Back when I played it (as a kid) I was always winning with Deimos and didn't know about executions. But now that I actually lost while playing it on MAME and receiving some executions I learned about them :wink:

Post November 29th, 2016, 10:51 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I used to have Mace: The Dark Age on the N64. I remember it was fun at the time to learn all the moves and execution finishers. My main guys were Al' Rashid and Ragnar Bloodaxe.

Elias, I have indexed your review and fully backed it up on our Google Docs and Photobucket.

:V:

Post November 30th, 2016, 7:33 am
Gold Skull member

Speaking of photobucket, as I was going through my Captain Commando review I noticed that a picture with the riding robots is slightly larger than the rest and needs a small resize

Post December 1st, 2016, 2:26 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I dunno, man, it looks perfect to me. According to my checks, every Captain Commando image is exactly 320 x 186p. For example:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/c ... g~original

If you open the image link and hover over the tab the dimensions are listed, like so - (PNG Image, 320 x 186 pixels).

Post December 1st, 2016, 5:25 am
Gold Skull member

It does now, but when I posted the reply earlier it was 330x192. And it was just the last one. Weird :confused:

Post December 4th, 2016, 8:20 pm
Seraph Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I updated that Top 100 Arcade list with links and everything! I'm going to start formatting and post next weekend my Top 100 games for other consoles before 2000.

Aside from modern consoles I don't see how people have time for 10,000 plus games. When I build my updated files, I'll have all NES SNES and MegaDrive games, but I'll stick to my limited games list for the rest and the other games in the series of those games. Thoughts?

I will be up for discussion of a better frontend and emulators very soon. Then, I will likely be setting that up for a while before I can go back to enjoying some gaming. Actually, my friend will have to do more of the work with twins on the way. How long does it take to properly set up lets say Hyperspin? What do all of you use?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Post December 5th, 2016, 1:22 am
PantherUK User avatar

I use Launchbox and paid $20 for the BigBox part of it... I'm setting it up on a standard PC before I even think about putting it on my cabinet, but as it's really easy to do I don't imagine I'll have any problems... Look it up...
Ooer... No pictures...

Post January 26th, 2017, 9:19 pm
Seraph Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Haunted Castle Recommended Review coming soon!
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Post January 28th, 2017, 2:43 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Cool! You may remember I'm not particularly fond of the game, but regardless of that I still look forward to your write-up.

Post July 5th, 2017, 6:53 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

We're screwed! :crying: ....DAMN YOU TO HELL PHOTOBUCKET!!! :arg:

I recently noticed problems in Rec Games with some screenshots being replaced by PhotoBucket (PB) with an ugly image saying "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting". Most of that stuff is hosted on Incito's pro PB account due to the high bandwidth Rec Games chews through. I thought maybe it was just time to renew the subscription. Then I noticed some other unrelated stuff on my free PB account was also being affected. So I checked and it actually turns out PB has changed their terms of service. "Please update your account" translates to "Please give us $400 a year".

Photobucket accused of blackmail after quietly requiring users to pay $400 a year to hotlink - https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919 ... aid-update

:ohmy:

Sorry to say it, guys, but I think I'm pretty much done dealing with image hosting sites for the purposes of Rec Games. Probably the only way I'd be willing to fix this mess is if there is some way we could self-host the images, say like Hardcore Gaming 101 does.

PreviousNext

Return to General

Google+