Board index General checking in

checking in

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Post April 26th, 2017, 3:05 am
fowlskins User avatar

hey all just checking in been a long time since i posted anything here (still lurk occasionally)

recently had a hard drive die with all my mame setup on it went into the attic to get my old pc where i had a backup fired the old boy up and then had a lovely electrical smell and that hard drive also died the same day :stare:

so that has prompted me to start from scratch with a raspberry pi 3 and retropie setup
i decided to streamline the amount of games i had down to about 200 games on mame rather than scrolling through thousands of stuff i never play so ive got just the classics running plus some interesting/quirky games
all are running well no dead roms no mahjong etc etc

also have nes, supernes, megadrive, mastersystem, amstradcpc464, zx spectrum and n64 emulators (although might lose the n64 as a few games seem to lag abit on performance on the pi)

next job is to sort out missing scraped covers and cabinets and make sure all the controls are working as intended for each game
dream is to one day build a cabinet of my own but until i move house space means i cant even really have room for a bartop so the raspberry pi is a nice little compromise at the moment

keep up the good work love the quality of this site and the information that is here :hello:

Post April 26th, 2017, 3:32 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Hey, fowlskins :hello:

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. Good luck with the new setup. Thanks for the kind words about the site.

Post May 3rd, 2017, 10:42 am
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

WOW, thanks. We don't get that often (and we don't expect it, but it still nice to get it). :hooray:

Return to General

Google+