Re: Seraph's Top 100 Arcade Games List Discussion

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Post by Seraph » September 23rd, 2016, 9:52 am

I went back and looked at the games and Cadaliacs and Dinosaurs really doesn't do anything for me even though has some nice elements. In fact, I think the short term hype for its time and some cheezy era related features sold it more than the game it is in my opinion. Thinking Silkroad v. Warriors of Fate v. Vendetta. Yeah, I agree that Vendetta did have something nice with someone hanging on the edge and you can finish em off. As I go through it I'm less inclined to pick Warriors of Fate for what I brought up in earlier posts. Really its down to Silkroad and Vendetta unless I write off both of those titles, which isn't likely at this point.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » September 23rd, 2016, 11:39 am

Ha, I really like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, it's nice and fluid like Final Fight and I feel it plays just as well... Just to be a pain, the Megaplay version of Streets of Rage 2 is excellent, identical to the Megadrive/Genesis but in arcade form...
Ooer... No pictures...

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » September 23rd, 2016, 12:31 pm

Panther, that's not a pain that's great news! Is that for all SoR games or just one? If so may remove that for the Sega version. Maybe reinsert Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. On a side note my brother wanted me to consider P.O.W for his nostalgia pick. Think it's kinda plain yet fun but considering other titles of the genre not sure. Anyway, need to know about Streets to decide Cadillacs. Thanks for the input!
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » September 23rd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Hey Panther, anything else to consider or think that's it?

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » September 23rd, 2016, 12:47 pm

If Cadillacs was there and Streets gone what would be your 20th game? We are thinking between Warriors of Fate and Vendetta and I guess throw in my twin brother's P.O.W.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » September 23rd, 2016, 6:42 pm

I think Hiero will put Vendetta as the 20th. I think I just found mine and how did I not know about this?! Zombie Revenge is like House of the Dead or Resident Evil meets Beat Em Up! Maybe I'm just a sucker for those games. Anything we are missing Panther?

PantherUK

Post by PantherUK » September 23rd, 2016, 7:56 pm

I'd go for Vendetta as well, classic fun title...
Ooer... No pictures...

PantherUK

Post by PantherUK » September 23rd, 2016, 8:09 pm

Oh, and as far as I know SOR2 is the only one in the series on the Megaplay...
Ooer... No pictures...

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » September 23rd, 2016, 8:48 pm

Well 2 v. 1 so lets make sure Vendetta gets in there. However, not sure how I feel about dropping Streets of Rage when only 2 is the same on Megadrive. What you guys think about Cadaliacs and Dinosaurs v. Streets of Rage or what should drop if we keep both? At least Streets of Rage 2 and 3 is on Megadrive but too bad about 1 otherwise it would be easier. What you guys think?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » September 26th, 2016, 2:32 am

If I had to choose I'd go with Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, if only for the fact that it is a proper arcade original, whereas Streets of Rage 2 is a port to the arcade from the Mega Drive / Genesis console. Very tough call, though, since they're both brilliant and the beat 'em up list is already leaning heavily towards Capcom.