Is Mame over ?

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
oldschoolplaya

Re: Is Mame over ?

Post by oldschoolplaya » March 18th, 2016, 10:43 am

GoBlueMike21 wrote: Oldschool, Dragon's Lair works fine (as well as the rest of the Digital Leisure games) and I also believe the Sega Model games work as well, granted, they are different emulators but to be able to relive those old glory days is possible. I agree though, gonna be tough to pass the torch with all the stuff these kids have at their disposal today.
No, in MAME Dragon's Lair and all Sega model 1,2,3 (except Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter) are NOT playable. There are other emulator's that can play Sega Model games like supermodel and m2 emulator.

The problem is when you start resorting to other emulators, they don't conform to MAME's standard config and usage. I want all my arcade games to have a standard method of doing something and not have to mess around to figure how to map out equivalents.

junesar323

Post by junesar323 » August 1st, 2018, 7:45 am

PantherUK wrote:
February 10th, 2016, 1:25 am
Interesting... My cabinet has MAMEUIFX 0.166 running on it and I haven't noticed anything like that... I only really upgraded so I could use the OpenGL shaders, I'll have to try out Outfoxes tonight and get back to you... As everything is running smoothly now and looks nice, nothing but a major leap forward will see me needing to upgrade again for the foreseeable future...
I do not think it's the end. Only you have to know how to lift your feet at a given moment.

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » August 1st, 2018, 11:55 pm

Definitely not over... I've upgraded it a couple of times since I posted that, there is usually always something to add that's worth upgrading for...
Ooer... No pictures...