Board index General Classic games you're terrible at?

Classic games you're terrible at?

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Post December 5th, 2015, 8:45 am
MaseMan User avatar

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. I just completed building an upright arcade cabinet running Maximus Arcade. It is a kit from Rec Room Masters. Still want to customize it with some graphics, etc.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to discuss classic arcade games that we're admittedly terrible at. I'll start:

Arkanoid. I love this game, but I'm terrible at it. Recently started playing it again after many years of having forgotten about it.

Like, seriously, I usually can't get past the first level. I try to stay focused on the ball, and disregard the power ups, but I'm still really bad at this game. Too bad the basic gameplay is so addictive.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... kanoid.png

Staff Edit: [img] tags removed. No image hot-linking. See Site Rules 8.

Post December 5th, 2015, 12:34 pm
PantherUK Moderator

:goodpost:

Thundercross 2... even on the easiest settings... Just so addictive and to make matters worse a friend of mine is excellent at it...
Ooer... No pictures...

Post December 5th, 2015, 9:04 pm
MaseMan User avatar

Hey that's cool. That's one I really don't remember. I'll have to check it out.

Post December 7th, 2015, 8:04 pm
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

Any Metal Slug. There is no way I could beat that game on anything less than a small fortune. lol
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Post December 19th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Both Defender and Robotron. Really like the pixel explosions and the sound effects coupled with the overall colours set against the pitch black background. But I find them both rock hard! :)

Post December 21st, 2015, 6:55 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Just about any arcade game that scrolls diagonally does my head in, like Paperboy and Zaxxon. That design choice usually makes it difficult for me to come to grips with the gameplay.

:wtf:

Post January 1st, 2016, 10:58 am

Hierophant wrote:
Just about any arcade game that scrolls diagonally does my head in, like Paperboy and Zaxxon. That design choice usually makes it difficult for me to come to grips with the gameplay.

Paperboy viewpoint is fine I think but with Zaxxon judging the Ships height is tricky.

Post February 17th, 2016, 11:36 am
GoBlueMike21 User avatar
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

Centipede for me. That game haunts me in my sleep. Terrible at the trackball control.

Post February 17th, 2016, 12:10 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

ParkProductions wrote:
Hierophant wrote:

Paperboy viewpoint is fine I think but with Zaxxon judging the Ships height is tricky.

yeah me too! Absolutely suck at games that are diagonal.
Crystal Castle is my Kryptonite. :sick:

Return to General

Google+