Scary games

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Re: Scary games

Post by Seraph » January 19th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Parasite Eve would be great for its uniqueness factor too.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » January 21st, 2017, 3:55 am

Thanks for the recommendation on Jaguar emulators Seraph, I'll check them out.
Parasite Eve... What a game! The perfect blend between RPG and horror. I must have played it 4 times in my life during the years, it's one of those games I revisit often... In fact, I don't think I finished a game so many times besides this one. Parasite Eve's story is fantastic, is thrilling and also very interesting, thinking about mithocondria as a separate being, and gaining consciosness is a great concept... In fact for the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about beating this game again, then playing Parasite Eve 2 (which has some emulation problems sadly, at least some years ago) and then playing parasite eve III (or The 3rd Birthday as it is really called) for the first time, since I wasn't able to emulate PSP untill recently.
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 8:34 pm

OK, lets shift gears! Want some scary you likely never heard of?! Try The Thing and Hunter the Reckoning for Xbox. There are two Hunter games and fun as hell with friends. Also, I already said elsewhere how I love me some Friday the 13th on NES as much as it gets stepped on.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » January 22nd, 2017, 6:16 am

I've never heard about Hunter the reckoning before, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll play it and let you know my impressions, it has a very good score on emuparadise and IGN so I'm really surprised that I never even heard bout it before... although, now that I think about it, these are Xbox and Gamecube games, and these two consoles' libraries are virtually unknown to me.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 22nd, 2017, 7:26 am

Oh man are you gonna love Hunter games if you like Diablo type games or good games for groups of friends. It's good solo but man does this game shine in multiplayer! You didn't mention The Thing so either you saw bad reviews or it didn't appeal to you. It runs off the plot of one of the best horror/sci fi movies of all time and you are interested in scary. FYI, if you see the movies watch the new one first and then the old one. Sure some of the effects drop in value in the old one, but the storyline is a prequel in the newest etting you know how it started. It also leaves room for a third and a trilogy! Also, Kurt Russel is in the original and if you liked him in any of his kick butt 80s movies you will like this too. I can talk horror movies and sci fi movies for days.

Side note: Not a scary game but Kung Fu Chaos for Xbox Original is one that people even that played the Xbox library won't likely now about. Its a bunch of highly competitive throw your controller multiplaer fun. Even if you don't like Kung Fu movies or anything, the slapstick comedy value and multiplayer entertainment puts this n my Xbox Original top 10. You will hear about this in my last Top 100 for modern consoles.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » January 23rd, 2017, 7:23 am

The thing about The Thing ( :tongue: ) is that I don't like story driven (or at least important) games that are adaptations of movies. I love Aladdin and The Lion King for Sega Genesis, but those are not story driven games. When The story of a game is an important factor I want that story to be completely original, and unrelated to any other media. For example, I hate the ususal japanese practice of creating animated spin offs, and movies about games, and made these side stories canonical. In my opinion a game series should remain in the videogame media in its wholeness, for example, if I wan't to know about the whereabouts of Cloud, Tifa, etc, after the events of FFVII I should be able to do so by playin another videogame, not watching a movie! The same goes with Resident Evil, and many others. In fact I heard from a guy in youtube that in order to understand completely the story of FFXV you would have to watch the previously released movie... That sucks. Let movies be continued in movies, and games be continued in games, and anime be continued in anime, and so on. So that's why i'm not very inclined to play The Thing.
By the way, I did watch The Thing (from Carpenter) but I didn't watch the new one, I thought it was a remake, but now you tell me it's actually a prequel?!?! I'm going to watch it as soon as I can! Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 23rd, 2017, 2:04 pm

The prequel shows you how you got there. I think it also sets it up for trilogy. Also, the game is potentially how the trilogy would end. It continues after the movie so very original! Look into it again if you want and do check that movie out and Kung Fu Chaos. That movie by the way I'm not too too in favor of the behavior of the monster in all scenes but most of it is very nicely done.