Scary games

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Re: Scary games

Post by PantherUK » December 13th, 2013, 1:18 pm

You're not the only one Nos... Mind you I'm not planning on it though...
Ooer... No pictures...

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » December 14th, 2013, 2:39 am

Well, if you like the survival horror genre, you MUST play Dead Space 1, it is in my opinion the best survival horror on the Xbox 360, also I need to say that Silent Hill Downpour is an excelent survival horror game, please don't pay atention to metacritic or other sites (like IGN), it is the best silent hill game since the third one. If you are interested on reading a well writen review about this game I highly recommend destructoid's review. I don't know why I ended talking about silent hill downpour... :confused: I think I just like to spread the word about the games I like, specially if they have bad press.
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme
Favorite Game: KOF 96

Post by ChameleonAlpha » December 20th, 2013, 6:25 am

Downpour was ok, but people probably expected more. I can assure you it's not a disaster like Homecoming.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » December 21st, 2013, 3:21 am

Homecoming was the worst of the worst... Well, Silent Hill book of memories is really the worst of the worst but homecoming comes right behind.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » January 13th, 2017, 1:07 am

Hierophant wrote:Even allowing for Resident Evil and Silent Hill, my scariest game ever is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube in 2002. Famous for its patented sanity effects, it's the only game I can remember to ever give me strong nightmares. Unlike the sudden pop-up frights that are common in other horror games, Eternal Darkness gradually accumulates a sense of Lovecraftian dread that seeps into your very soul as the story of mankind's encounters with "the Ancients" weaves through thousands of years of history.

Brilliant game! Talking about it makes me feel like dusting off the cover and firing up the Cube for another descent into madness.

:devlish: :ohmy:
I recently bought a new computer and I can now play PS2 and GC games!

The first game I played with the CG emulator was Eternal Darknes... Amazing game, simply brilliant, and I agree completely about the game being "lovecraftian"... The sense of horror in this game is very deep, like there's always something unsettling going on in the background... It's hard to explain, and that's the reason it's so effective at making you feel weird-scared.

I'm currently playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and this game also feel really lovecraftian, I recommend it so far!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 13th, 2017, 2:43 am

I'm glad to hear you got some shiny new hardware, Max, and were able to share my feelings for Eternal Darkness. I wonder if the sequel will ever see the light of day. We can only hope....

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » January 14th, 2017, 5:42 am

Hierophant wrote:I'm glad to hear you got some shiny new hardware, Max
Thanks Hiero, it was about time!

Regarding Shadow of The Eternals, I cannot comprehend how a game like this is struggling so much to get funded... :pissed:
I too hope we can enjoy this game in the near future.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Post by Seraph » January 16th, 2017, 11:55 am

Since it's mostly a wasted console and likely you will not play this consoe but for a few games I wanted to throw in Aliens vs. Predator for the Atari jaguar in the list. I'll think of some more rare ones later.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by starlingmax » January 18th, 2017, 5:13 am

I never touched a single Atari Jaguar game in my life, any emulator to recommend? I'm looking forward to play Alien vs Predator.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Post by Seraph » January 18th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Given that there aren't many top tier games to make that worth the fuss I'd use Retroarch and Virtual Jaguar core. Your welcome for saving you more emulator mastery grief for amazing but limited all star library. One day I'll post some honorable mentions on the Top 100 non-arcade list that will cover all that.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)