Board index General What games are you playing right now?

What games are you playing right now?

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Post August 19th, 2015, 2:15 pm
PantherUK Moderator

I'm playing Fallout Shelter on android at the moment, pretty good and can be played without using micro transactions...
Ooer... No pictures...

Post August 19th, 2015, 3:21 pm
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

H1Z1, A.R.K. Survival, Rocket League and Limbo. :hello:
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Post August 21st, 2015, 8:59 am
Currently on a sports fix : street hoops, super sidekicks 3, NBA Jam TE, Tehkan World Cup and currently trying to clear Shinobi without losing any lives.

Post September 5th, 2015, 2:50 pm
INTVaddict User avatar
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

What am I playing right now? :inquisitive:

Let's see...when I first got into this emulator business just a scant few weeks ago, I was all about the Intellivision Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (Cloudy Mountain). But, I then had a little Pitfall! stint...then Donkey Kong...and had forgot just how bad the Intellivision/Coleco DK port was...so I wound up expanding my horizons with MAME, and had a great time listening and playing the "real" Donkey Kong. :hooray:

...that led to playing the real original Mario Bros. The possibilities seemed endless, and I descended into madness, first with Time Pilot, and then with the original Asteroids. I tried Defender, but trying to set up the PC controller scheme so that it was something like the old arcade input setup proved totally schizophrenic, so I abandoned it for a time in which I was build an actual stand-up rig with the correct inputs. :arg:

...but this new world of preserving legacy arcade experiences titillated me, and I tested other emulators...other titles. Played Final Fantasy for the first time (I was just never into it when it first came out) using NEStopia. :viking:

Most recently, I'm having a lot of fun breaking out my original Playstation discs and using ePSXe to revisit my classic library. I just passed Metal Gear Solid again, using an Xbox 360 After Glow controller. :ninja:

Learning each emulator's peculiar needs has been fun, and I just get endless joy from the well of memories that crop up with each new "old" experience. I even played Dragon's Lair, with the "DAPHNE" emulator and my Digital Leisure DVD...but I have to admit, while it is the same old game, there's still something a little off about it, and it only kind of feels like the same experience. :mad:

...that's about it. I think I'm going to try the Final Fantasy stuff for awhile, so I can actually comprehend conversations that my FF-obsessed friends always seem to have, but then I'm going on a big Super Mario brothers binge. :mario:

:: scampers off :: :hello:

Post September 8th, 2015, 11:20 am
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

You should look into PCSX2. I can finally play all my PS2 games on my computer. The emu is resource hog, but not as bad as it used to be.
The PS2 disk are easily converted into ISO files since there seems to be no encrytion.
Better yet, you can play Japanese titles! No region code baby!
I had to soft mod my ps2 so I could play the VS. fighter "Hokuto No Ken". :sparta:

Post September 9th, 2015, 4:20 pm
INTVaddict User avatar
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

You know, I tried that earlier this week, and maybe I just have yet to figure out how to dial it in right...but my system meets most of the suggested requirements, and definitely all of the required ones...but for the life of me, I cannot get the couple of PS2 disks I still have to play right, whether I run the disk in the drive, or make an ISO. The speedup and slowdown rates are just too jarring...that is, the timing is just way off.

The titles I've tried are Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, SOCOM: Navy Seals, Rainbow Six: Lockdown, and I think Gran Turismo III.

My processor is a Core 2 Quad @ 2.3 GHz with no multi-thread support, though...and it seems like if you have like an i5 or i7-era processor, you don't have the same issues. But, some of their hardware specs on the test cases suggest rigs that are "lower spec" than mine can run PCXE2 smoothly, so it might just be a tinkering/plugin issue.

Obviously, I love it when I can just start the emulator, point to the ISO/disk...and just play.

:: sheepish, lazy shrug ::

Previous

Return to General

Google+