Board index General What games are you playing right now?

What games are you playing right now?

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Post April 21st, 2012, 10:35 am
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

I'm playing Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Call of Juarez Bound in Blood, Gotham City Imposters, and any old Arcade game that grabs my fancy when I see it pop up on my cab menu.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Post April 21st, 2012, 6:12 pm
Mydriasis Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

i am currently in the market for buying a dreamcast so i can jump into that. apparently there is still a bunch of support for the dreamcast. people are keeping the mmorpg Phantasy Star Online alive with private servers and there is also a lot of homebrew games still being made for the console today. so i'm looking forward to jumping into some old school gaming with that! as for right now i'm messing around with the first Gears of war because i bought it used from GameStop for 5 bucks lol. when i have the little one around i play Skyrim. it's a pretty fun game with low amounts of blood and gutz. kid friendly :clapping: . i'm actually enjoying the heck out of Skyrim. My level 41 vampire illusion assassin still hasn't finished the main quest line yet! i've been too distracted doing other quest lines lol. it's the first elder scrolls game i've played. with games like that i usually like an mmorpg where i can hang out with a bunch of people too. but i that requires a bunch of time so Skyrim is a good alternative.

is anyone else having trouble finding a game from the current generation of consoles that they can really get into? at $60 dollars a pop i find myself underwhelmed most of the time. Skyrim has come the closest to making me feel like the money was worth it. but when it all comes down to it i always go for the older consoles in the end. who knows.. maybe it's just me getting old lol.
Mess with the best... Die like the rest! =P (from the movie Hackers)

Post April 22nd, 2012, 10:50 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I'm mainly playing StarCraft: Brood War (PC) at the moment and a bit of C&C: Red Alert 2 (PC), as well. Making squads of death and sending them to cause havoc in the enemy's base always satisfies my urge for large scale destruction!

I only have Wii this gen, but I gotta say, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword totally captivated me when I played it through recently. It's the first big new game in a while where I felt compelled to play everyday until the end. It was definitely worth the money for me. There's still Hero Quest left to do plus a few missed secrets and challenges on my original save so I'll be playing it again someday.

Mydriasis Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

UPDATE! just got my dreamcast! oohh yeeaahh!! :clapping: Now to get my hands on a copy of Gauntlet Legends and i'll be set! been looking forward to that game since mame can't run it very well.

Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

Lately the PS3 and the 360 titles have not been the best. I agree with Skyrim. I have played it through a couple times different ways. I find myself going back to red Dead Redemption lately to take a break from Call of Duty. Last titles that really grabbed my attention were Red Dead Redemption, Infamous 2, and the Uncharted Series. Still have not played Uncharted 3 yet.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Lershy User avatar
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Saints Row the Third for XBox 360. Great game, makes GTA look like paint by number.

Mydriasis Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Saint's Row the Third does look awesome. i just avoid getting it right now because i have the little one around most of the time and wouldn't find to much time to be able to play it.

gpzjack Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme

Ive been playing cod for years..this year i got bf3 instead and never looked back. Haven't touched it in weeks since i started my cabinet. LOL

Post May 10th, 2012, 9:20 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

Skullgirls on Playstation 3.
Animated 2d fighter awesomeness! :sparta:

I've been playing Mortal Kombat on the Mortal Kombat collection from the Playstation Network. I so far went through the whole first Mortal Kombat as Sub-Zero. It was hard to do, even on "Very Easy" difficulty, but I'd have to say it's one of the biggest video game achievements I've made in a long time.

Next

Return to General

Google+