Word on the Street...

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Word on the Street...

Post by Hierophant » February 7th, 2009, 1:53 am

A funny thing happened on the way to the supermarket today. A random dude sitting at a bus stop with some bags of groceries gave me a shout out to say, "Cool t-shirt man!" I happened to be wearing a shirt with the standard red Nintendo logo on it. He was saying how great all the old games used to be; Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Super Nintendo, Sega and so on. So I said how all the old arcade games can still be great today thanks to MAME. He had no idea what I was talking about so I sat with him and took some time to explain a little about the wonder and mystery of it all. He reckoned he'd be too newb too handle it so I told him about this place. He was genuinely interested in what I had to say (how bizarre!) Luckily he had a pen so I wrote down www.mameaddicts.com on his shopping list just as the bus came along.

Hey Chris, do you think you could print us up some flashy MameAddicts business cards so I can hand them out to perfect strangers wherever I go?
:wink:

Maxrage
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: KILLERINSTINCT

Re: Word on the Street...

Post by Maxrage » February 7th, 2009, 8:46 am

dude i totally want some too that would be sweet :link: :mario:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » February 7th, 2009, 10:32 am

Aha! Maybe I'm not crazy after all. Sometimes an idea will pop into my head and I'll think, "That's pretty silly, best keep it to myself." :wacko:

Thanks man. :smile:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » February 7th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Hierophant wrote:Aha! Maybe I'm not crazy after all. Sometimes an idea will pop into my head and I'll think, "That's pretty silly, best keep it to myself." :wacko:

Thanks man. :smile:
Not at all, actually 123sticker.com has really good prices! I was thinking about making an MA logo with the site address on it?

I use to do bumper sticker for another site i use to webmaster for.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » February 7th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Hierophant wrote:A funny thing happened on the way to the supermarket today. A random dude sitting at a bus stop with some bags of groceries gave me a shout out to say, "Cool t-shirt man!" I happened to be wearing a shirt with the standard red Nintendo logo on it.
:wink:
I have a red shirt I wear to work that is the game cube controller and it says "I have control issues"

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » February 7th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Control issues, heh heh...nice. :hehe:

There's a jeans shop in the local mall here that has a range of classic gaming t-shirts. That Nintendo shirt of mine even has the official Nintendo seal of quality on the inside tag.

Personally, the other novelty item I would really like besides business cards, stickers, etc. is an MA coffee mug. It would have the MA logo and .com address on one side and my tag and avatar on the other. Then I can at least look the part whenever I'm on duty.

Oh wow, look at our new sheriff badges. I'll have that on my coffee mug too. :woot:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » March 13th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Cool story, I love it when I find people who love the older arcade games like myself but have no idea about MAME and I get to introduce them to it and they're like "omg I love you man" :D

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » March 13th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Yeah mate, there's nothing like spreading around some good ol' retro MAME lovin'. :love: