Forced Site Update - Please Read

This forum is designed for gamers to come together and socialize.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Forced Site Update - Please Read

Post by Incito » February 3rd, 2018, 4:07 am

Due to the carelessness of our new web host that bought out Atlas Hosting, we suffered a multi day outage. Before, we were proud of our 99.9% uptime for 8 years (down no more than 8 hours between to seperate days). About 3 day ago our new host (name left out for now) decided to update their PHP server without giving their customers a heads up.

This was a site breaking update which has forced me to update to the latest version of phpbb3 in a non-conventional method. This is no easy feat, and thus we should have been given notice so we could reach out to all of you about the downtime, and take the proper steps to prepare the website.
Their support staff told me to fix the issue on my own even though they broke it.

I am sorry for all the new signups who have questions on their home arcade build. Mameaddicts.com is the foremost site for mame questions, so it was critical that I spend the entire day and night to fix this issue.

SO we are up now, with some pro and cons.
Cons first:
No more Portal since we were force to update to a board that does not yet have a portal that works.
All board custom icon images are gone.
The board custom arcade theme is no longer compatible.
My links, downloads, and affiliate's page will need to be rebuilt.

Pros:
A little Faster
Mobile device compatible
Database updated and all information is present.

Expects some hiccups here and there all. If you encounter an issue, please post a reply.
Thanks
Incito