Pinball MAME!?

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
clessx
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme
Favorite Game: Progear

Re: Pinball MAME!?

Post by clessx » December 20th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Sorry for double post :blush: , but I have one more question to ask ;

EVen if download the table and put in tables folder , and then download all the related rom files from ipdb and putting them in roms folder , after I run the table , it loads fine , but I cannot start the game. I can insert coins , shake the table , but buttons 1 (or A and S) do not work and I cannot get a ball to play. It always says in the display that "factory settings restored" and thats all. I believe I obtained all necessary files and did everything according to manual but...

I got the table from here , Fflintstones and Elvis ones.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownloa ... hitsD.html

What am I missing here ?

Thank you :hello:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 21st, 2010, 6:03 am

I had this problem with Terminator 2 mate. Press F2 and have a look at the coin buttons and stuff because I think I fixed it by looking in there. And once I did it, it was fixed for good and plays normally like my other pinball games. If I remember correctly, I think it might've been F7 that fixed it but I could be wrong.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » December 21st, 2010, 8:44 pm

clessx wrote:After spending some time, I have got simpsons and some other tables to work. Long time I havent played pinball and its fun and good for stress relief for short breaks , loving it.

I also noticed I cannot run some tables even I have the rom and table files (from creator"s site) . I checked and noticed that they are meant t be used with visual pinball 9 , while I have version 8 (I have installed easy install package). It seems I have to upgrade to 9 , but not sure how to do it my current setup... :mellow:

Agreed, pinball is a different kind of relaxation compared to other types of games. :smile:

Unfortunately, Phoenixx has been MIA for quite some time now, so there's no VIP for VP9 at this time. If you want VP9 you'll have to set it up manually, similar to how it's been shown here in ynnebbenny's vid:

clessx wrote:Sorry for double post :blush: , but I have one more question to ask ;

EVen if download the table and put in tables folder , and then download all the related rom files from ipdb and putting them in roms folder , after I run the table , it loads fine , but I cannot start the game. I can insert coins , shake the table , but buttons 1 (or A and S) do not work and I cannot get a ball to play. It always says in the display that "factory settings restored" and thats all. I believe I obtained all necessary files and did everything according to manual but...

I got the table from here , Fflintstones and Elvis ones.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownloa ... hitsD.html

What am I missing here ?

Thank you :hello:
Factory Settings Restored info is what you're missing, but basically, press F3. :wink:

bearzilla333

Post by bearzilla333 » September 15th, 2011, 6:48 am

HOLY COW, I love pinball! I have to check this out!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 17th, 2011, 2:15 am

Indeed! VP is a totally unique form of emulation.

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Golden Tee

Post by jyarrison » August 14th, 2012, 5:45 pm

I installed it about a month or so ago. It is a little trickier than MAME, I think, to get all of the files installed properly. After you get it set up though it is easy to add new tables and play pinball. I have this on my MAME cab now but it has me wanting to build a virtual pinball cab too so let this be your warning: if you download this you will want to build another emulator cabinet which = more $MONEY$!!!
JY

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » August 15th, 2012, 1:07 pm

My cabinet has just got this much better..!

Nice one...
Ooer... No pictures...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 16th, 2012, 4:31 am

Haha yeah, after all, what arcade would be complete without some pinball? :wink:

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » August 16th, 2012, 8:47 pm

My scripts are in the same folder as the tables, and apart for some graphic settings tweaking type jiggery pokery its all gone well, I also had to edit some script so I can use the side buttons on my Tankstick... Pinball heaven... (With some help from Google and pinball forums) :yes:
Ooer... No pictures...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » August 17th, 2012, 3:44 am

Be careful not to run a VP9 table in VP8. That's not gonna work out well as there's no compatibility between VP8 and VP9. If you wanna run VP9 tables then you're gonna have to install VP9. To date, Phoenixx is still MIA and hasn't released his VP9 Visual Install Pack*.

So, that's something to watch out for. Most table authors are diligent enough to put some info about a table being for "VP9 only" in the download area. Eg:
Pinball Nirvana Downloads wrote:
Black Knight VP9
Description: Williams 1980.
by JPSalas. This is for VP9 only.
If there's no such mention of VP9 then the table is most likely OK for VP8.

*Note: It's possible that others have created a VP9 Installer in Phoenixx's continued absence.