Board index Other Emulators Pinball MAME!?

Pinball MAME!?

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Post October 26th, 2014, 7:36 pm
starlingmax User avatar
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Man! so many hours on just 2 coins each? I would have never imagined that... My pinball sessions used to last just a few minutes... Was that an "easy" machine or you guys were just too good at it?
By the way, your story about you and your friend reminded me to this:

hahahaha :woot: Great story!

And concerning the highscore list, I'm at it!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Post October 27th, 2014, 3:08 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Haha, that was our headmaster alright! "Oh my God, he is like some sort of ... non ... giving up ... school guy!"

I guess that, because of the nature of pinball, it was a combination of factors that got us all those free games. I suppose Stellar Wars is a bit on the easy side, but even so, 40+ specials is kind of extraordinary. We both must have been totally in the zone with our skills that day. As always with pinball, there would have been some luck involved, too. Lady Luck was really smiling down on us that day!

Post October 28th, 2014, 8:08 am
jyarrison Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

I agree, it would be mad to see how your pincab is going, JY. Those things are just too awesome!

Well here you go guys... Have a look at my WIP!!

http://mameaddicts.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2277
JY

Post September 22nd, 2015, 11:06 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I never checked this out till today and thought it was pretty interesting. Here's Groni's version of Twilight Zone:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=d ... wfile=2506

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination."

Looks nice and is fun to play. Now here's the interesting part, unclewilly's night mod:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=d ... wfile=3588

"You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone."

Night mod creates that dingy pinball parlour atmosphere. The higher viewing angle also seems to have allowed room for many more objects to be added to the playfield. I count eight new objects (clockwise from left to right) - pyramid, overhead ball chute, camera, robot, girl, poker machine, rocket ship, radiation suit. That's an impressive amount of extra detail!

:woot:

Post September 24th, 2015, 9:51 am
Thulsa Arbiter
Arbiter

I have a pinball emulator on my PS4. Twilight Zone is in one of the table packages I bought. In that group of three Red Orange and yellow. watch the yellow it is a real pain. If you use the right flipper you will knock it into the bumper and it will bounce it right down the middle and cost you a ball. It is a pain for someone like me who like to throw the ball at a certain angle.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Post September 25th, 2015, 3:28 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yeah, it's quite similar to the layout in The Simpsons Pinball Party. You pretty much never wanna do a right flipper shot at the bumpers in the lower left playfield. It's almost certain to drain the ball. The bumpers are only really there for a bit of extra action when the ball is returning from all the main action of the upper playfield.

Previous

Return to Other Emulators

Google+