Console Emulation

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Console Emulation

Post by Nostalgia » April 29th, 2011, 10:42 am

Okay so I just found out something awesome guys.

The Mortal Kombat Trilogy psx rom has always had an issue with a lot of people for the music not working in ePSXe, which has resulted in all kinds of 'fixes' showing up when you search it in google.

Check out this link if this no music problem affects you: http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/ ... music.html

Step by step, this link will EASILY solve that problem with mktrilogy for sure, and maybe also some other games too. I can confirm that the music in the mktrilogy psx rom is working perfectly for me now in ePSXe, with no daemontools or anything. Just read the link.

I'm hoping this will also work with the music in the psx rom of Revolution X and I will let you know here soon once I can confirm it.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » April 30th, 2011, 7:34 pm

That's some really handy info for MK fans you found there, Nos. It would be interesting to know any other games the same method applies to.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » May 1st, 2011, 5:56 am

Actually Nos I didn't have music when I had to choose characters and I didn't have music in some stages either, so that helps me a lot. Thanks :V:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » September 25th, 2011, 5:47 am

Getting back into the console emulation again now I have a new pc. ePSXe runs well at high res with the gfx options turned up and i am loving the snes games at high settings too. Super Mario World looks and sounds better than ever :)

Anyone else out there doing some console emulation lately?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » September 25th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Yeah mate, I've been going off the beaten track a bit while tidying up my SNES roms. There's some really weird and wonderful stuff to be discovered if you look beyond the main popular games.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 15th, 2011, 6:41 am

Bump!

Do you guys have any games that you've played so much in the arcade version that you grab an emulator and enjoy it on some consoles to see the difference in gameplay, music, etc? I've been doing this with Mortal Kombat 2 because I've played the arcade version on mame to DEATH. Been playing it a bit on SNES, Genesis, and 32x and it's awesome hearing the different music etc. The 32x and Genesis versions as well have the best sound effect when 'Fatality' comes up on the screen. It creeps me out!!! Just listen to it!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 17th, 2011, 2:16 am

I could apply that idea to the Neo Geo since a few of its games were ported to SNES/Mega Drive. So far though, I honestly can't to bring myself to play these inferior versions when I don't have to, even if it means I miss out on some different music and whatnot.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » December 19th, 2011, 8:03 am

If you get epsxe then it definitely benefits from a bit of fine tuning for certain games! You can make Tekken 3 look like a million bucks. Everything from smooth, filtered graphics, right up to awesome lighting. It blows me away what this emulator can do! But even SNES emulators etc, you can make the games really nice and smooth if you know what to do :) Currently playing Super Mario World (and it's many different 'versions') and it looks so good and runs like silk at 1920x1080 on my 22" LED :)

chuckmd927

Post by chuckmd927 » December 20th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Hi:

Has anyone managed to get DOOM & FINAL DOOM working on ePSX? Everytime I load up these ISOs, the title screens would appear but when the LOADING message shows up after the TITLE SCREENS, they just freeze. I looked at other websites and someone suggested using Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8 on the cdrom plugins. Essentially check the boxes with 1. Repeat all CDDA tracks, 2. Enable subchannel data, 3. choose the autorun image (which I inserted the DOOM iso, also tried the FINAL DOOM iso). But no success. Has anyone had any luck getting these two PSX ISOs to work? Thanks

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » January 21st, 2012, 8:03 am

Have you guys seen Shinobi X on the Sega Saturn before? It looks awesome!

I need to try Saturn emulation again now I have a better PC. It ran like a dog's breakfast on the old one and at the time it was kinda of annoying getting the right files to get a Saturn emulator to work... Not too keen on just buying a Saturn for this game lol.