Console Emulation

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Tazuto
Gamer
Gamer
Favorite Game: Not sure

Re: Console Emulation

Post by Tazuto » September 20th, 2010, 7:29 pm

i could never get my PS2 emulator working, but i did get the ePSXe(playstation 1) emulator working so i can play my fav old games like Legend of Dragoon

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » September 20th, 2010, 7:43 pm

I tried a PCEngine emu called Ootake which seems OK. The other ones I tried that were supposed to be the best ended up being problematic for me. Those two were Magic Engine and Mednafen. This PCEngine stuff is all new to me so I dunno what's supposed to make Magic Engine and Mednafen all that. The one that's best for me is the one that actually works, which is Ootake for now.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » September 22nd, 2010, 5:55 am

Very keen to play some pc engine stuff, I never have before so it will be good. Ootake it is!

I've been recording gameplay of sega consoles a bit lately for the newnet stream. Lots of fun. Also picked up some more psx games (Myst, Street Fighter EX 1 and 2, Spyro and more) but mainly been playing Tony Hawk 2 as it's so fun and addictive.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » March 19th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Anyone had experience with the Playstation game, Pandemonium? I've tried it in both ePSXe and PSX and it's a bust. In ePSXe the controls don't register and in PSX the graphics flicker in a seizure-inducing manner.

:crying:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » April 1st, 2011, 9:46 pm

Nevermind, I found this in the ePSXe help file:
ePSXe Help wrote:
Problems with controllers

In games like Driver, Ridge Racer, Street Figher etc., it might happen that you just aren't able to control anything. To get the controller working again, you just need to enable "SIO IRQ always on" in the misc menu or simply press F4 during emulation!

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » April 2nd, 2011, 3:19 am

Thanks mate, that could come in handy. Although I used to have Driver, Ridge Racer and one of the Street Fighter collection discs and they all worked fine without any hassle... Maybe it was a different version or something, I dunno. Personally I've downloaded a lot of games and haven't had any control troubles so far. All I know is we have the same version of epsxe so it shouldn't be anything to do with that.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » April 2nd, 2011, 7:27 pm

Well, it turns out that even that fix is sometimes unreliable for me in ePSXe 1.6.0, which is a bit of a nuisance, so I'm gonna give 1.7.0 a go.

clessx
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme
Favorite Game: Progear

Post by clessx » April 13th, 2011, 6:19 am

I have been encountering a "no space on memory card" issue while trying to use in-game save with my psx games lately. Have been playing raiden dx last week , and it was the last game that saved successfully. Nowadays no game (Raystorm , Harmful Park , ...) can use memory card. Says no space , memory card full. Doesn"t epsxe saves each games scores seperately ? Emulator save state work fine , but annoying issue with shooters which auto save frequently. :huh:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » April 14th, 2011, 4:05 am

I dunno man, I'm still a bit of a newb with PSX emus. I haven't had that problem yet but I'm guessing that the memory card is emulated just like the real thing and you have to go into the memory card manager (you know, the screen that shows up after you start PSX with no disc) and delete some saves to make free space.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » April 15th, 2011, 4:28 am

I'm not a big fan of save states, but I have at least one save state in ePSXe and that is for Castlevania SOTN and it worked fine. I pretty much just did it as a test on the first level of the game.

Thanks for making us aware of this though. It would be a huge problem to not even be able to have one slot per game working so I'll be keeping it in mind when I delve into the Mega Man games, etc.