Seraph's Top 100 Non-Arcade Games Discussion

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Re: Seraph's Top 100 Non-Arcade Games Discussion

Post by Seraph » January 26th, 2017, 5:56 am

Can anyone edit my post in the Non-Arcade Games List and discussion to mirror what was done in the Top 100 Arcade games list and discussion ? I would but I can't edit the locked post for the list, and how to you get the code on the page to just display the url starting from viewtopic as in the Arcade link used?

Also, was thinking of just posting my Top 100 Non-Arcade Modern Games list below the locked thread for Non-Arcade Games already created, and having this open to discuss those as well to not clutter the MAME Addicts page. I figure it can show people some of the good Gamecube amd Xbox games they may have missed out on for example. All I need to do is type it up eventually and when ready have someone add it to the locked thread.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 28th, 2017, 2:52 am

Seraph wrote:Are you serious? I used to watch those guys religiously. My brother for a long while as very brutal to me on that game in all honesty. I may have to give at some attention.
Thanks to the Brood War revival we can follow them religiously all over again. Here are the VOD archives if you wanna catch up on recent events:

http://sc2casts.com/event860-2016-Starcraft-1-ASL

For live Brood War and StarCraft 2 events just follow the GSL on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/gsl

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 28th, 2017, 2:59 am

Seraph wrote:Can anyone edit my post in the Non-Arcade Games List and discussion to mirror what was done in the Top 100 Arcade games list and discussion ? I would but I can't edit the locked post for the list, and how to you get the code on the page to just display the url starting from viewtopic as in the Arcade link used?

Also, was thinking of just posting my Top 100 Non-Arcade Modern Games list below the locked thread for Non-Arcade Games already created, and having this open to discuss those as well to not clutter the MAME Addicts page. I figure it can show people some of the good Gamecube amd Xbox games they may have missed out on for example. All I need to do is type it up eventually and when ready have someone add it to the locked thread.
If I'm understanding correctly, you want the opening post of this thread, the list itself, split off into its own separate topic and locked. Right? I can do that no problem, but just need to make sure that's what you're actually requesting before I mess around with things.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Post by Seraph » January 28th, 2017, 7:59 am

I think I typed that wrong. In Top 100 Arcade games, after the initial summary before the list in Seraph's Top 100 Arcade Games you see the following:

Link to discussion thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2529

I wanted to do the same for the locked thread for the Top 100 Non-Arcade Games with a link to that discussion same as the top arcade.

I also wanted to know how you coded the short link starting from viewtopic to get the url to work.

The other thing I was thinking of was to rename my Locked thread for the Non-Arcade Games List and send you my modern games list and add in there below the Top 100 for Older Non-Arcade Games.

Hope I made better sense this time around.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » January 31st, 2017, 4:09 am

Ah! I see the reason for my confusion now. The opening post of this thread has a complete copy of the list. I must've forgotten that there was a separate locked thread for just the list itself. No worries, I think I get what you're requesting now.

As for the link thing, a URL can simply be pasted in straight from the address bar without any need for code tags and the forum software will shorten it automatically.