Seraph's Top 100 Non-Arcade Games Discussion

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Re: Seraph's Top 100 Non-Arcade Games Discussion

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 11:18 pm

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes – Sega Dreamcast: This is on here for two reasons: I'm also a uge Marvel fan and it's a solid title on its own, and you can have 4 player tag mode. Namco (Tekken) and Capcom would do better including this permanently at least as a gameplay option.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 11:46 pm

Diablo: Some friends of mine and some people out there just dont get exposed to PC gaming. For that, one of the games I introduce to them is the Diablo series. I can't tell you how many hours my brother and some friends of mine spent on Diablo. Each game in the series over time had it's cheats, but with a group of friends and no cheats the game was amazing in its pure form. At the end of our time with the first Diablo all it took was to be PKed or Player Killed by a hack outside of town and we got to work. My brother and our friends had a clan that worked tirelessly to then take enjoyment by grabbing the ears off of those nasty people with hacks we created ourselves. Our town PKKing or Player Killer Killing was absolutely legendary until someone figured our what we did and everyone had that skill. Until we left that game we always seemed to be one step ahead with our mods. As long as we never entered a game with people already in it they would be unable to attack. Anyone stepping in the game with an intent to kill unfiarly in town and activating PVP mode would die.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 22nd, 2017, 12:04 am

Fallout: So another of my favorites in gaming and movies alike is that of a horror or post apocalyptic nature. I think about the Movie A Boy and His Dog when I play this. By the way, aside from the very dated cinematography, if you make it through the whole movie you will experience some real classic Sci Fi goodness. Anyone wanting to talk good Sci Fi movies they may have missed might want to start a thread haha. Fallout has been a game that frequents my playing queue, so if you do not know about is game you'll love it or hate it but its one you should try.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 22nd, 2017, 12:24 am

Quake: Most people will say really?! Quake and not Doom? Well, given the same developer I kind of put it in the same box. So why reference Quake? Two reasons: Trent's music (Nine Inch Nails), and something not of their making. X-Men: Ravages of Apocalypse allows you to play Marvel's X-Men characters and blow each other up through the Quake game engine. It was some really memorable gaming for me.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 22nd, 2017, 12:27 am

Rainbow Six: One of my favorite novels and my favorite FPS until Call of Duty made it to gaming. The tactics involved in saving hostages from terrorists and the experience of team conbat engaging people in at the time realistic environments drew me to this title.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 22nd, 2017, 12:37 am

Starcraft: This is Chess on steroids. The campaign alone made this a top tier game. The up to 4 player competitive strategic gaming alone made this a top tier game. The Use Map Settings UMS custom maps led to unlimited possibilities in users making their own games like Night of the Living Dead, and Magic the Gathering. That alone as well made this a top tier game. The Blizzard gaming company makes the list again and dominated PC gaming and continues to do so. They have a huge following and the only downside to that company is their head is so huge they refuse to work with Steam for their games.this means I may need another way to play these on LaunchBox. It's on my to do list. And that wraps up my list folks...

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 24th, 2017, 4:28 am

Dunno if you knew it already, Seraph, but StarCraft: Brood War, the grandaddy of all e-sports, is on the rise again in South Korea. Some of the legendary players of old, like Jaedong, Flash, and Bisu, are still competing at the highest level. That makes me a very happy nerd!

:woot:

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 24th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Are you serious? I used to watch those guys religiously. My brother for a long while as very brutal to me on that game in all honesty. I may have to give at some attention.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » January 24th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Hey Seraph, I loved your story about Diablo! It's extremely cool to have a big group of people you know in real life for playing online!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 26th, 2017, 5:31 am

Many I'm sure had some of the same shrugs from diablo as awesome of a game it is with friends. I had some great adventures in Diablo 2 (PC) and Diablo 3 PS4 but the games has been overly broken and unless people I knew wanted to play, I found that I was out. I'm sure you all had the same issue in D2 with Amazon for their multishot and heat seeker arrow, and Necromancers for their bone wall item drop hacks. In Diablo 3 even on PS4 they distribute crazy hacked weapons so you play on Hardcore mode, but if you die the thrill is only you lose your items which can be duped or replicated too. They have weapons and other items in circulation where you hit a few guys outside of town and you instantly level to Max and ready to Paragon. The only thing you have to watch out for is mobs have the strength of high level mobs but low hp. If you arent careful you can die with your leveling weapon before you get the few kills you need. Anyway, i dropped Diablo 3 once my friends and i explored enough content. Our last thing to do before we quit was to take our hacked weapons with infinite stats and just see how far we could go in this greater rift zone. What was weird was this time all the hacks were out of my league because I'm not about to mod my PS4 and risk messing it up. We figured that on the console we would avoid it but no. Anyway some random guy joins our game one day and just drops the craziest gear and gems right on the ground in town and leaves. We only notice when we finally return to town, but what if we had quit the game before heading back haha.

I am on a classic game binge once my frontend is finished, but I do love me some Call of Duty Zombies with friends. Lately work and home life only gives me time to chat with you guys and plan my frontend. Those Zombie games take hours to play through!