Seraph's Top 100 Non-Arcade Games Discussion

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: X-Men

Re: Seraph's Top 100 Non-Arcade Games Discussion

Post by Seraph » January 19th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Given the massive library of games to only select 100 from all the consoles and PC games the next generation of consoles like N64 and PSX only get a top 10 in my book. That means there shouldn't be much fuss about the top 10 list but if you have not played these ames I'm going to mention some must plays here. Please don't leave these out of your playlist.

N64:

007: Goldeneye: One of the best multiplayer shooters of ll time and many people still play it today. They made a remake for modern consoles but unless it's the modded version on PC except no substitute for e N64 version with a group of 4 and Proximity Mines for weapon and someone will surely walk away butt hurt haha.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness: One of the best Castlevania games t most never played. They tried to do something different d in some ways failed. However, has some levels and moments that are uely memorable and the bomb (see what I did there?!)! Anyway, I would tell you to play every Castlevania game ever made even though some of e new console ones let me down. This one needs some of your time.

WCW/NWO Revenge: I didn't want to leave you without something off my top list as an honorable mention to try out. It was my favorite wrestling game of its time and had some great 4 player memories.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 19th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Same thing I mentioned in the above post for PSX.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night: Do me a huge favor, if you have never played Castlevania don't start with this one. If you have and may have given up on the franchise, play this one before you give up on the franchise. The entire game is spectacular, I can't stress it enough.

Final Fantasy Tactics: You may have played this franchise before but there is something truely special about Tactics. I love the combat system, spells, adventures, everything. It does take a certain type of gamer ut a few hours in and unless you have low strategy insight you just might get hooked.

Mortal kombat Trilogy: If you know that Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on the Saturn or Arcade is your preferemce, I say still give it a try. Why? Use the cheats and you have access to bosses and fatalities.

Blast Chamber: Few I know have ever heard of this game. 4 player fun and even the obstacles in the campaign are hours of uniqie ganing. Some of these games I mention don't write them off early, they grow on you. It's a good game to have some serious competition with friends that want a random game no one plays but should at least know his game.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick butt... and I'm all out of bubblegum. - George Nada (They Live)

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 19th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Parasite Eve: I don't want to ruin this game like the others but I will say if you ever wanted to play an RPG but wanted to play a "scary" game then give it a try. It isn't really scary but fits nto the horror genre and need to add it to the scary games thread on another area of the forum. I almost forgot to mention this.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 20th, 2017, 10:02 am

Doom: How the heck did I let this one slip! Are you a fan of Doom? If so play this version! They have so many levels hat are exclusive like Club Doom. I have owned his game since I first had a PSX and I never knew how a game like this would still be so enjoyable today. Grab a copy, have some serious patience and watch out for those Skeletons in the dancing cages in Club Doom.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » January 21st, 2017, 4:00 am

I've been trying Holy Diver. Nice game! I really surprised this game was not exported to the US or Europe, what a shame!
It looks really tough, I reached second stage and then lose a "credit", I'll be playing it often!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 10:15 pm

Yeah, I like games that are difficult and clean looking. Getsu fuma den is tough as heck too.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 10:50 pm

We are down to the last 5 games I will mention on my list!

Vampire Killer - MSX2: Sure Castlevania is much more favored on other versions because many want pure action and none of the key finding. Little Nemo on the NES has key finding and it's a personal favorite of mine. Anyway, the additional powerups and slight changes offer kind of a new adventure like Resident Evil arranged mode. I personally think it's underrated and it earns a spot on my Top 100.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 10:58 pm

Wonder Boy - Sega Master System: Anyone that worked with me on the Top 100 Arcade games list would know that this was coming back up. My research led me to believe that this would be the version that I would rather play. As an Adventure Island and Wonder Boy fan this is essential gaming.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 11:02 pm

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood – PC Engine: So in the end I decided to take this off of SNES in favor of Super Castlevania IV. This is the best version aside for the PSP version and one of the best Castlevania experiences.

Seraph
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Seraph » January 21st, 2017, 11:09 pm

I forgot to to mention I have the 5 PC titles after this.

Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku – Sega Saturn: Anyone closely looking at my Top 100 might say hey! Yes, I put this and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PSX on my list. Again, this makes it because of two reasons: you know I'm a Castlevania nut and you can play as Maria in this one!