Board index Other Emulators Sega Model 2 Emulator Discussion

Sega Model 2 Emulator Discussion

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Post September 21st, 2015, 12:39 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

FPU, please try this: Next time you turn off your PC, unplug the mouse. When you turn the PC back on again and it has finished booting up, plug the mouse back into its usual port. After that, try this setting in the INI:

UseRawInput=1
    RawDevP1=0
    RawDevP2=0

Again, that's the setting which allows me to simultaneously control both guns in Behind Enemy Lines with one mouse. If that doesn't work then try this setting:

UseRawInput=1
    RawDevP1=1
    RawDevP2=1

And so on, with RawDevP1 and P2 both having the same ID until you find the ID number that works. Once you have discovered the correct ID for your machine the guns can be calibrated in a matter of seconds. Again, don't be tricked by seeing only one cross-hair since they will perfectly aligned. The blue player 2 cross-hair should be the one that's visible.

Just for reference, here is the default setting of the raw input section:

UseRawInput=0
    RawDevP1=0
    RawDevP2=1

As I mentioned in the video, with raw input ON you must use short cuts like alt + F4 to escape the emulator. To do anything major with the drop down menus, like Configure Controls, raw input must be OFF. With a game running, you can switch to full screen with left alt + enter.

For gun games on Model 2 Emulator it's a known issue that with raw input OFF you need to be careful about shooting at the very edges of the screen, especially the corners. Otherwise, even in full screen, you can inadvertently click back to the desktop. RamjetR at Arcade Controls created a utility to fix that:

Sega Model 2 Emulator Full Screen Shooter fix - RamjetM2Borderless - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p ... msg1287899

I'm also currently on Windows 7 64-bit.

Not 100% sure, but I think I got all my Model 2 ROMs from emuparadise.

The so-called version 8 of Model 2 Emu in those YouTube comments would be a lazy man's way of saying v0.8. We are on the most up to date version at this time, so I wouldn't take any notice of that.

Post September 21st, 2015, 9:32 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

No luck with BEL yet but the borderless app works well.

I think my system just isn't recognising there being 2 players for whatever reason. I have never witnessed a blue crosshair once.

Post September 21st, 2015, 8:22 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Man, that's rough. OK, how about this? At some point when we're both online and have the spare time, we meet in the chat:

chat/

Chat is also available in the Member Only tab.

In the meantime, you install TeamViewer if you don't already have it:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

If you've never used it before, trust me, TeamViewer is perfectly safe amongst friends. I've used it back and forth with friends many, many times to help each other with computer problems, or even just to look at photos or whatever. It really is a great program.

So, we meet, you give me access, and I thoroughly investigate the problem for you. From the amount of times I've tested the single mouse calibration method now, it seems impossible that it can't work for anyone else.

Post October 29th, 2016, 9:05 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Okay, been a long time. Finally working with:

UseRawInput=1 ;Read mouse through Rawinput, allowing 2 mice
RawDevP1=0 ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice
RawDevP2=1 ;set which one is assigned to each player (0-based)

And second mouse.

One question though, how do you fire the missile?

Post October 29th, 2016, 9:22 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Never mond, I've figure the missile too now.

Took a while hey?

Post November 4th, 2016, 2:09 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Hey yeah. Good to know you got it going properly now, though.

Previous

Return to Other Emulators

Google+