Board index Other Emulators Sega Model 2 Emulator Discussion

Sega Model 2 Emulator Discussion

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Post September 19th, 2015, 9:34 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

The really silly thing is that it starts as:

UseRawInput = 0
RawDevP1 = 0
RawDevP2 = 1

but even if I change to RawDevP1 =1, I can still move the crosshair for P1 but not P2. :confused:

Post September 19th, 2015, 6:37 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Here's how it went when I did single mouse gun calibration in Behind Enemy Lines. With both guns set to the same mouse ID (RawDevP1=0 and RawDevP2=0 in my case) and raw input switched on (UseRawInput=1), both cross-hairs line up exactly on screen, one on top of the other. So, even though it looks like only one cross-hair is visible, both are active, making it possible to step through calibration.

Post September 20th, 2015, 6:28 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Okay, there's something really stupid happening on my PC. I moved the 3KB EMULATOR.txt file to my desktop, so it's no longer in the Sega Model 2 folder and the game still loads up and I can move P1 but not P2 as per usual.

There is also a 1KB Emulator file in the Sega Model 2 folder that reads:

[Renderer]
FullMode=0
Sound=1
AutoFull=0
Filter=21233664

There's a CFG folder that contains .input files too. Are they relevant to this?

Post September 20th, 2015, 6:34 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

What about the UI Game>>Configure Controls menu?

Post September 20th, 2015, 8:26 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Are we both using the Nebula v1.1a emulator?

Post September 20th, 2015, 9:34 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Your PC is OK. What happened there is actually normal. If you move out the original Model2 EMULATOR.INI then the one that gets created in its place is not much use. Best to just put the original INI back where it was.

I think the easiest way through this is to persevere with the single mouse calibration method I described. Use the same ID numbers for RawDevP1 and P2. If 0, 0 doesn't work then try 1, 1, and so on. Just keep in mind what I said about the cross-hairs being one on top of the other. It makes it look like there is only one player when in fact the mouse is controlling both guns simultaneously. When I did it, the blue coloured player 2 cross-hair was on top, completely hiding the red player 1 cross-hair, but I was still able to step through the entire calibration process successfully.

I'm using Model 2 Emulator v1.1a.

Post September 20th, 2015, 12:41 pm
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

So what is the 1KB ini file I referred to? Is that the one that got created?

The problem is that no changes to it seem to be having an effect. The red crosshair is the only one I can see.

After editing the .ini file in notepad, it then becomes a .txt file. Is that right?

Post September 20th, 2015, 12:54 pm
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Right, I started with a clean sheet and downloaded Nebula v1.1a again. I made the changes to the INI file without changing the extension but still no affect. Is there a way of checking if it's actually looking at the INI file?

Post September 20th, 2015, 1:17 pm
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Okay, the emulator is now responding to changes I make to the ini file but still not producing the right result. If I set UseRawInput=1, the pointer also gets stuck inside the emulator window frame, such that I can't maximise/close window, or use the emulator drop down menus.

I wonder if we're dealing with an OS or device driver difference here? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. Maybe it's the actual version of the game. Where did you source your game?

Post September 20th, 2015, 1:49 pm
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Okay some weird unexpected progress.

Just above UseRawInput is a line saying XInput, supposedly for XBox 360 controller support. I set that equal to 1 and I still can't calibrate but the mouse is now altering the XX and YY position readings for both players and confirmed in Input Test, it just won't register the firing. But that's with UseRawInput=0 and P1=0 and P2=1? :huh: STill only have the red crosshair though. Is there something telling it that there's only one player?

What is the version 8 mentioned in the YT comments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139dumZGT3Y

PreviousNext

Return to Other Emulators

Google+