Board index Other Emulators Sega Model 2 Emulator Discussion

Sega Model 2 Emulator Discussion

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
Post August 27th, 2015, 1:09 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Thanks for the cabinet settings.

As regards fullscreen, you can actually do it from the F3 menu, under 'Display' in the GUI version.

When using the command prompt, I can open supermodel, but when I type supermodel game.zip -fullscreen, it always says, "Can't open game.zip."

Any links to the SVN update?

Post August 27th, 2015, 2:01 pm
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

jyarrison wrote:
Yes, the network board. By default the ROMS are looking for a networked cabinet. You have to change the cabinet from "Master" to "Slave". By default, use the (5) and (6) number keys to get into this setting and make adjustments. Not sure which number does which but you'll get it figured out quickly. After you switch to "Slave" mode, the game should reset and will not lokk for the network board any longer. You should only have to do this one time. You will also need to do this for Scud Race/Sega GT. This game is fun and I recommend it as well.

Small correction. It's 6 to get into the settings. 5 to select and you need to go into 'GAME ASSIGNMENTS' with 6 and change LINK ID to 'SINGLE' not SLAVE.

Post August 28th, 2015, 5:41 am
jyarrison Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Right! Thanks for the update FPU. I was typing that from memory and must have gotten my games mixed up. There is something else in another games that has to be set to slave.

From the Supermodel command prompt, type "dir". This will show a directory of files in that folder. Does your game.zip file appear? Trying to figure out why it won't launch your game.
JY

Post September 19th, 2015, 4:52 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

@Hierophant - Reading your Behind Enemy Lines Tutorial, is it basically impossible to get it working with one mouse? I tried switching the same mouse to another port in gun calibration but to no avail.

Post September 19th, 2015, 7:33 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Very good question, FPU!

It's not impossible with one mouse, it's just that it won't result in an authentic 2 player calibration. True, changing ports won't work, but you can ID both guns to one mouse by editing the INI. For me, this works by having RawDevP1 and P2 both set as 0, as opposed to having a separate ID for each gun as shown in the video. This way, one mouse controls both guns, allowing for successful, if improper, completion of calibration. If you're only going to do single player, though, then this kind of configuration method is still perfectly acceptable; you just won't ever be able to play a proper 2 player game that way.

Post September 19th, 2015, 8:22 am
PantherUK Moderator

I've discovered that the emulator crashes if you try to run it fullscreen in portrait orientation...
Ooer... No pictures...

Post September 19th, 2015, 8:55 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Hierophant wrote:
Very good question, FPU!

It's not impossible with one mouse, it's just that it won't result in an authentic 2 player calibration. True, changing ports won't work, but you can ID both guns to one mouse by editing the INI. For me, this works by having RawDevP1 and P2 both set as 0, as opposed to having a separate ID for each gun as shown in the video. This way, one mouse controls both guns, allowing for successful, if improper, completion of calibration. If you're only going to do single player, though, then this kind of configuration method is still perfectly acceptable; you just won't ever be able to play a proper 2 player game that way.

This is what I've done:

UseRawInput=1         ;Read mouse through Rawinput, allowing 2 mice
RawDevP1=0         ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice
RawDevP2=0         ;set which one is assigned to each player (0-based)

However it's still unable to register gun calibration for player 2.

Post September 19th, 2015, 9:07 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

PantherUK wrote:
I've discovered that the emulator crashes if you try to run it fullscreen in portrait orientation...

It does seem to skip out of fullscreen and go back to the Desktop screen. I found that with Gunblade NY.

Post September 19th, 2015, 9:11 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

You can only try inputting different IDs for RawDevP1 and P2. Like I say in the vid, I can't say for sure if the IDs which work for me will work for everyone else, so some experimentation may be required.

Post September 19th, 2015, 9:28 am
FPU Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

The other issue is that I noted in your video you have a blue P2 cross-hair as well as the red P1 cross-hair. I have only the red one visible. When I change the mouse around different ports, it always moves the red one only. It's as if P2 just doesn't exist.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Emulators

Google+