Supermodel (Model 3 emulator) working

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
JPeterson

Re: Supermodel (Model 3 emulator) working

Post by JPeterson » August 20th, 2011, 2:24 am

Update:I didn't read the supermodel news carefully enough, they write that ElSemi has shared the code from his Model 2 emu and sound is working. They just haven't released the latest code.

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Golden Tee

Post by jyarrison » September 25th, 2011, 11:46 am

Here we go!!!!! New version is up for download with sound. Very much looking forward to this as there are some great model 3 games out there I love to play.

Website has been moved to www.supermodel3.com

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
JY

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » September 25th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Have it up and running. Only plays a few games right now but they are pretty good games with great graphics. I would have to vote that Supermodel is running some of the best looking graphics for any emulator currently available.
JY

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » September 26th, 2011, 8:09 am

There is also a Loader available now for Supermodel so you don't have to launch everything using the command line. Link to the forum discussing the loader is here http://www.supermodel3.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18 In this forum is a link to download the loader.
JY

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » September 26th, 2011, 10:11 am

I got the 0.2a x32 version but I can't find anyway to start the emulator. And I want to play Virtua Striker so bad!!

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » September 26th, 2011, 11:37 am

eliaskeme wrote:I got the 0.2a x32 version but I can't find anyway to start the emulator. And I want to play Virtua Striker so bad!!
It either has to be run from the command line veriosn or download the loader. But i can save you some time now. VS 2 is extremely slow in this emulator and the creators do not know why as of now. It will be addressed in future releases I'm sure, but for Virtua Striker you're best option is the Nebula Model 2 emulator. Original Virtua Striker plays well on that emu.
JY

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » September 26th, 2011, 8:02 pm

There are several ways to find which games are model 3. First you could look on the MAWS website and browse the driver section for model3.c games. Or you could look in MAME and sort games by source and select model3.c games, MAME will list all model 3 games for you but of course they show up as not working in MAME. Or you could have looked on the model3 website that i linked earlier and there is a list there on the Supermodel site.

Here is the link to Supermodel's site where it gives the statues of model 3 games in respect to the Supermodel emu. http://www.supermodel3.com/About.html

One note is Virtua Striker 2 (all versions) are basically unplayable because they are extremely slow. it says they are playable meaning it will boot up and run fine just very very slow.
JY

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » September 27th, 2011, 10:26 am

jyarrison wrote:It either has to be run from the command line veriosn or download the loader. But i can save you some time now. VS 2 is extremely slow in this emulator and the creators do not know why as of now. It will be addressed in future releases I'm sure, but for Virtua Striker you're best option is the Nebula Model 2 emulator. Original Virtua Striker plays well on that emu.
I'm talking about the VS 98 or 99. I remember humiliating the opponent teams with scores like 5-0 or 6-0.

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » September 27th, 2011, 3:05 pm

eliaskeme wrote:I'm talking about the VS 98 or 99. I remember humiliating the opponent teams with scores like 5-0 or 6-0.
Yeah, great game Elias. VS98 & VS 99 were actually considered different variations of Virtua Striker 2, so the versions you are wanting to play are not playable at this time. Supermodel emu seems to be developing rapidly though and I am a huge fan of these Sega games. When the next release of the emu comes out if VS2 '98 or '99 are playable I will certainly give you a heads up.

Now, how are you at Super Zaxxon? :offtopic:
JY

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » September 29th, 2011, 6:27 am

3600pts is my best score and this is the one I shall keep.