Supermodel (Model 3 emulator) working

Although we like to keep it MAME only here, if you just HAVE to post about other emus, then here you go.
jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Golden Tee

Supermodel (Model 3 emulator) working

Post by jyarrison » July 8th, 2011, 8:17 am

Thought I'd share this (sorry if it has already been shared, I didn't see the post if it was). I downloaded the Supermodel emulator and have been able to play about 6 or 8 model3 games with it quite well. There are even 2 different GUI versions available for download but I have been using the command line 64-bit version. There is no sound at all but the games look amazing and you can customize just about any controller you would want to use. It is still in early development but seems like these guys are working hard to improve a very cool emulator that is already off to a great start. Instructions on how to use the command line version and also how to configure inputs are on the website http://www.trzy.org/Supermodel/

I also configured this to work in GameEx so if anyone would like help setting this up, send me a PM. Cheers! :thumbsup:
JY

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Supermodel (Model 3 emulator) working

Post by jyarrison » July 8th, 2011, 10:04 am

Oh, BTW: since this is an arcade emulator, it plays MAME roms that use the Model3 drivers
JY

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » July 8th, 2011, 7:21 pm

When I was researching which frontend to use I saw a lot of great things about GameEx. I guess the most important one, for me, was ease of setup/configuration. Also they way it supports Model2 is just sweet. I am hoping that sometime in the near future it will support Supermodel just the same.
JY

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » July 9th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Let us know when they get the sound working.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » July 10th, 2011, 9:43 am

Virtua Striker ??? We had the 97, 98, 99 and later the 2003 version here !!! The 98 and 99 are the ones that gave us the most money. My friend Kostas (who controls Hogan in my WWF Wrestlefest video) spent €25 in one night which is equal to 50 credits !!!! :woot:

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » July 11th, 2011, 4:20 pm

My friend Kostas (who controls Hogan in my WWF Wrestlefest video) spent €25 in one night which is equal to 50 credits
This made me think a bit. Virtua Fighter (1,2 &3) were some of my favorite arcade games and this makes me wonder how much money I had put into these machines over the years. Maybe I really don't want to know. Anyways...... :b2t:

With the supermodel emulator, VF3 is playable BUT there currently is no sound and there are quite a few glitches with the graphics for now. However, this said, it does play smoothly and at a good speed allowing me to have this arcade trio in my MAME cab
JY

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » August 2nd, 2011, 3:14 pm

Update from the Supermodel website. Looks like they are possibly going to have a new version out by end of month. In an earlier update, the developer said that he has gotten the sound working. If the sound works and some of the texture glitches are cleaned up, this is gonna be sweet..... :hooray:
August 1, 2011

A lot of people have been asking me when the next version of Supermodel will be released. The answer is: when it's ready. I'd like to get it out before the end of the month so I can start working on dynamic recompiling CPU cores but I can't guarantee anything given my hectic schedule. There are still some sound bugs to resolve and lots of little loose ends to tie up here and there before a release can be made.
Below is a link to the site if you'd like to read more.

http://www.trzy.org/Supermodel/index.html
JY

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by jyarrison » August 5th, 2011, 9:04 am

Below is a link to the site if you'd like to read more.

http://www.trzy.org/Supermodel/index.html
Not sure if it's cool to quote yourself :confused: but........I have been watching the Supermodel developer's site for and updates or new versions of the emulator and it has been down for a few days now. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing??
JY

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » August 5th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Yeah mate, quoting yourself is fine if it's relevant to some info that you wanna clarify.

I tried the link just now and it's still dead. Maybe the owner forgot to pay the bill or he is performing updates.

JPeterson

Post by JPeterson » August 19th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Hierophant wrote:Let us know when they get the sound working.
I've got the same question. Why doesn't he ask the SSF, Yabause or Model 2 Emulator people for the code for the Yamaha YMF292? Shouldn't be much more than copy and paste since it's using the same Yamaha YMF292 chip?