Board index MAME Help Problem with some pictures

Problem with some pictures

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Post July 9th, 2017, 1:43 am
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

Due to the increased greed from photobucket.com, we are not able to use the service to host out pictures. To give you an idea, we were paying about $25 a year, but to get the same service we are required to make the annual purchase of $399.99.
Such an increase is intolerable, and just plain wreaks of greed.
I implore any members using photobucket.com to boycott.
Also, please go to twitter and make the complaint as well. https://twitter.com/photobucket
Please be patient as the site admin and myself figure out a new host.

Post July 9th, 2017, 6:54 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Chris, I just need to know that you won't delete your Photobucket until I've had a chance to see if I can rescue some Rec Games images I'm missing from my backup. Thanks.

Post July 28th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

I have spoken with the new Host in regards to the domain. They seem cool. Now that a channel is open, I will see about getting the pics hosted and what the BW will look like.

Post July 29th, 2017, 2:34 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

That's awesome, mate. Thanks for the news. Lemme know when you're ready to unleash me on the image links!

:SM:

Post July 31st, 2017, 6:24 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

I spoke with the new host and they feel that BW will not be an issue since they moved the site to a AWS server. They did good cause I didn't even notice. So, tomorrow I will set up the folder structure (providing my FTP login still works. If not, then I have to tell the new host) to mimic what we have on the image links here. Then I will need the dropbox link so I can get all the images and push them to the server via FTP.

Post August 4th, 2017, 11:26 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/cbrien2 ... ames/story

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/cbrien2 ... ec%20Games

I hope there is a better source than then above because you have do download gifs separately. LAME
:arg: :pissed:

Post August 8th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Hopefully you're OK with all that since our Discord meeting yesterday.

Yes, the process of creating that new Rec Games image backup was indeed quite lame. Apart from PB's requirement to download GIFs separately, they essentially blocked the album download function by either giving errors or eventually throwing up a CAPTCHA I found impossible to solve, which meant I also had to grab the rest of the missing snaps one at a time. By the time I renamed everything in my old incomplete backup to match the new improved folder and naming structure I implemented on your PB, then double and triple-checked it all, it ended up being a full day's worth of monotony.

I don't know what an AWS server is, but if it means we'll no longer have any bandwidth issues with the project, then that's fantastic news.
:wizard:

Post August 15th, 2017, 4:09 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Alright, folks, all Rec Games images are now self-hosted at Mame Addicts and repairs are underway. :hello:

Post August 21st, 2017, 9:15 pm
Incito User avatar
Founder
Founder

I see some changes were made by Heiro.
After I made some edits, I could not save.
It says that is catch fetch the demensions of some crap like that.

Heirophant, did you run into this? I want to know if you did or not before I attempt major code edit on a system config file. thanks

Post August 22nd, 2017, 3:01 am
Hierophant User avatar
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yeah, that would normally result from a mistake in an image link, so no need for any drastic system changes. It only takes one minor error in an image link for the whole edit to be unsaveable, so then you either need to root around for the mistake, or start from scratch. Or you can just leave it to me if you want. I probably have a bit more patience for this kind of mind-numbing work.

:wink:

In case you do decide to try and keep helping, here is the best method I've found so far. Say you have this old PB link:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/cbrien2005/mame%20addicts/Rec%20Games/0091-hook/01_zps5izxivhj.png

Select the red part and paste this in:

http://www.mameaddicts.com/images

Select the green ID part and hit delete. Some of the old links may also have ~original tagged on the end. Of course, that will also need to be deleted. Repeat that a thousand or so times and we've done the whole job!

:ohmy:

Next

Return to MAME Help

Google+